Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New York City goth club review for Stimulate


Stimulate is at Drom nightclub in the East Village.  Drom is a basement level venue with a nice stage and a good big bar.  Stimulate is a fetish party that includes a lot of Industrial and Cyber Electro.  The music is very electronic and there are a lot of DJs.  I was trying, but I couldn't really tell the difference between them.  It was all too much of the same thing.  They had bands, but I don't like live shows unless it's something great, so I made sure to be inside only when the bands weren't on stage.  People were moving around music gear and big boxes on stage.  I found it to be distracting.  The people there were distracting too.  There was a really old guy with a hearing aid and a cane that hit on me when I was trying to get a drink at the bar.  I didn't appreciate it, but I learned that some of the women at Stimulate are Professional Dominatrixes that are looking for clients.  I was not one, thanks!  I respect everyone's choices in lifestyle, but there's something much too creepy about that to sit well with me.  I go out to hear gothic music and dance.

Stimulate gets a star for it's location and for it's big bar.  That's all.  I don't recommend it for any goth fan since this type of fetish isn't about being goth, dancing or enjoying music in my opinion.

Stimulate 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: women are NOT "Paid" to "engage in any acts" with anyone at Stimulate.
    if you are going to review clubs in NYC, you should get your facts straight.

    these are not "reviews", THEY ARE YOUR OPINIONS.

    STIMULATE Attracts 250-400 people each month, and that is the real sign of it's popularity.
    one of the few remaining industrial /goth/electro/fetish parties in NYC to still book live bands and performers along with it's DJ's, there is something there for everyone.

    even if something is not YOUR PERSONAL TASTE. a review should reflect an objective opinion.

    http://STIMULATE-ME.com
    http://facebook.com/groups/STIMULATE

    ReplyDelete