Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New York City goth club review for P.O.V.


P.O.V. is located on the basement level of Karma bar in Manhattan's East Village.  Karma is a Hookah bar, so be warned that there is a lot of smoke in the air.  P.O.V. is a fetish event that appeals to some of New York's vampire scene.  They have several DJs and the music is the broadest spectrum of genres from in and outside of the goth scene that I have heard.  At many points it didn't seem like a scene event.  For one thing, it is really full of people in a way that normal gothic industrial and alternative events never are.  Whoever runs this event is probably really happy.  It's popular.  The crowd looks like they are half hip hop hoodlums and half black vampires like the Blackula film.  It's tough to get through them to find the bathroom or even the bar.  It's that crowded.  Once at the bar, it's nearly impossible to get served.  The bartender can't hear well over the roar either.  An announcer works the crowd over the stage.  They have contests, but it's too hard to see what is going on for me to tell what they are doing.  I guess you have to be a regular part of it to know what they are really excited and energetic about.

P.O.V. gets one star for their enthusiasm and one for their location.  They get no stars for their crowd, their bar or their music.

P.O.V. 

4 comments:

  1. All I get from your reviews of these parties is that you're a narcissistic, racist. Furthermore, anyone who tells me to watch out for other people stealing- is usually the shady character in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I created the P.O.V event. My name is Gunnie Divinity and I truly respect your opinion. The problem here is your lack of understanding of my event. There are no "hoodlums" inside of my event. There are many different people from different walks of life. I cater to "People" not a set race of people. Clearly your a racist based on your observations. Your what's wrong with the scene and a prime example of an idol mind.

    Your welcome to come back and visit us free of charge with a drink on me :-)

    ReplyDelete