Sunday, February 24, 2013

New York City Goth Club Review Observations



Writing these reviews is an interesting thing.  I am glad to see that my blog is being appreciated by so many people.  I checked my Blogger today and it had a lot of comments.  As a reviewer, I expect some criticism, but today had some wacky ones, so I thought it would be good to blog about the comments.  Yesterday, a crazy troll calling himself John Doe wrote on every blog entry that I made with angry complaints and very paranoid thoughts about who I am and my purposes in writing reviews.  A DJ even joined in with the troll in an effort to discredit my blog and attack other DJs that he dislikes.  It was sort of funny at first, but on deeper thought, it was disturbing. I never expected such childish behavior from New Yorkers.  It was also disgusting that someone would try to use my fun and informative blog to hurt other people and help their personal goals.  I deleted all of the comments that were from that crazy guy and the opportunist DJ.  It was too nuts.  More comments came from two promoters that do nightclub events here in New York City!  I never thought that promoters would comment on my blogs.  It was a little flattering.  One even offered me free entry and a drink.  It was nice and generous, but as a serious reviewer, I need to remain objective.  I am glad one wrote with his clarifications about his fetish event.  It makes me feel better.  I might even go back there now.  Of course, there is an agenda when any promoter or DJ talks about things.  It's kind of funny that promoters are always trying to sell their parties.  Now that they are reading my blogger, they will sing it's praises if it's a good review and damn it if it's a bad review.  Someone even called me a racist in a comment.  People will write anything to try to discredit a reviewer.  I am not a racist and it's pretty stupid to think that I am.  I am not taking down these predictable "poor sport comments", since people can see what they are.  Sorry, but not everyone gets a good review!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're entertaining to read. I don't live in New York, but the last time someone said to me anything about how being a New Yorker made them any cooler, or more sophisticated in personality, it was Lindsay Lohan.

    I actually started a Vampire saga (that's how I found you're awesome blog here) called Melinda: The Daredevil Vampire queen based on this one New Yorker. Immature to say the least.

    If you'd like, read the ongoing story melindavampire.blogspot.com

    It's kind of cheesy and funny, but check out the way Melinda acts. Totally inappro. Totally wreckless. It's cray cray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all of the trolls, weirdos and goth folks,
    Keep your comments on the subject. I am not publishing comments about your ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend or other off craziness, so stick to the topic in the header.
    Thanks, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete