Monday, February 18, 2013

New York City goth club review for The Court of Lazarus



The Court of Lazarus is located at Madame X in the West Village of Manhattan.  Madame X is a dual level lounge with 2 large bars and 2 long rooms full of fancy baroque furniture and lamps.   The Court of Lazarus was on downstairs street level, but they also opened up the upstairs for a secret meeting of "Vampire Elders" halfway through the night.  The Court of Lazarus event is based around a group of vampires by the same name that have meetings and a social charter.  It is not like a lot of goth events, since there is a lot of socializing going on and most of the people know each other from this big vampire group.  The crowd all arrived very early and seemed eager and wild-eyed for fun.  Nearly everyone there was in goth/vampire dresscode and some were much better dressed than others.  For entertainment, The Court of Lazarus had a "Blade Blessing Ritual" for their members that had brought swords to the club!  I am not kidding, Ha.  Anyway, the bar was really good and the music was great.  I heard better songs being played and a higher quality of goth than at any other nightlife event that I have been to.  It was made even better by the fact that I met the DJ online recently, so he played my requests and was really cool.

The Court of Lazarus gets 2 stars for it's music, one star for it's big bar and nice big bartender.  It also gets another star for it's fabulous atmosphere of fancy couches, chairs and decadent red lamps.  It gets 1/2 a star for it's weird and fanatic vampire crowd.  The Court of Lazarus gets no stars for it's non-existant dancefloor.

The Court of Lazarus 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice words about the music, but I am not always the DJ there. Try to make it to Absolution sometime. Through The Mirror is Biweekly and it's great. The next one is on Saturday. www.AbsolutionNYC.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am neither Weird, nor fanatic, at least I think I am not. 1/2 star !!!!!!! I myself am worth at least 2 stars, just as an opening act. Come again. Seek me if you wish. I am not hard to find. Just ask anyone, to direct you to Samael. There I will be.

      Samael Vii

      P.S. We do not all have the same names, nor belong to the same House, Clan or Order. Our diversity is our real and core strength. That which allows us to move so easily, among those who suspect us, and yet are not sure...... Seek me.... We have much to discuss

      Delete
    2. See you next time Jayson.

      Samael

      Delete
    3. Weird isn't bad unless it's that stupid wednesday event called Wierd

      Delete
  2. What's wrong with being a fanatic, Samael?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Sabrina;

    My name is Royal Blue and I'm one of the representatives of The Court of Lazarus. Thank you for taking the time to review our event, it is very much appreciated. Please join us for the next event, March 17th 2013 at 8 PM @ the same location. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's sweet of you, Royal Blue. I hope to be there again for the fun.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete